All Reader Reviews of...
188 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11217
nr. Sackett St.
By evg on 5/6/2010
the margaritas were very good as was the free chips and salsa but all six entrees were overpriced and underspiced. yuck!
Stick to margaritas and salsa...
By maof on 1/10/2009
I've been to two locations of Lobo now, and the second time was by accident. When I saw the menu and realized I was about to be subjected to broken taco shells served up as "nachos" again, I almost left. The food is awful, especially in a neighborhood where Los Pollitos in a couple blocks away, delicious and cheaper. And it's worse when Mexican food is completely bland, I've had better at ChiChi's. The only good thing is the Blood Orange Margarita, I have never had a better margarita. So maybe they should just give up on the food altogether and be a bar.
Not that bad, but not that good, either...
By delikado on 7/25/2008
Previous reviews were right to mention Lobo's margaritas: all homemade sour mixes are not created equal, but the bartenders here do a great job of balancing the sweet and sour, and the result is a truly delicious margarita. They also usually have a selection of infused tequilas (they had strawberry, passionfruit, and chili last time I was there), which are also worth a try. Unfortunately, their food doesn't stand up to the great bar. Considering that they're offering Tex-Mex grub, the few dishes I've tried have been bland and uninspired. Even their chicken wings, which seemed like a good idea during a Yankees-Sox game, didn't have much of a kick. My suggestion? Go for the drinks, get dinner somewhere else.
Best Margaritas in Park Slope
By theslopeisdope on 3/6/2008
Lobo is a great standby here in Park Slope. My girlfriend and I go here whenever were feeling indecisive, or when we want really good margaritas...never any sour mix bullshit, just real fresh squeezed lime juice and good tequila. The food is Tex-Mex with a few southern dishes (chicken fried steak and the like) thrown in for good measure. While it's not Great Tex-Mex, it's not bad either and pretty affordable. Service is always super friendly and the music a great mix of indie and classic rock. Unless you're gung ho on karaoke avoid the night they do it; it can get pretty loud very fast.
FOOD AND SERVICE
By OLGANAZ on 5/7/2007
I WAS AT LOBO LAST WEEK FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT TEX-MEX RESTAURANT. THE ATMOSPHERE WAS GREAT, WARM AND FRIENDLY. THE SERVICE WAS GREAT ALSO. THE SPECIALS WHICH IS WHAT WE EVENTUALLY ORDERED WAS DELICIOUS...... I LOVED IT AND I INTEND ON GOING THERE NEXT TIME WITH MY COUSIN ON A GIRLS OUT DAY!!! LOBO YOU ARE REALLY GREAT...... LOVE YOU GUYS!! SEE YOU SOON, OLGA NAZ.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s