All Reader Reviews of...
129 Gates Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11238
at Cambridge Pl.
Wonderful and Delightful
By lamm on 3/5/2003
Francois and Catherine of Locanda Vini E Olii (The owners) have such a high standard for their craft. The food is exquisite. And the wine is so delightful. When you walk in, you feel their warmth just by them saying "Buona sera". The atmosphere can be intimate or like one family party. It's up to you. Love you guys. Lammie
A Unique Dining Experience
By zagato67 on 3/5/2003
Vini & Olii is one of the truly special restaurants in NY- indeed, it's one of my favorites anywhere. Even if the food were only OK, the setting in the old drugstore would make eating there an occasion. However, the food is far more than OK. I've spent a good deal of time in Italy and the warm, familiar, friendly atmosphere provided by Catherine & Francois, combined with the truly authentic cuisine (nothing made up, simulated or adapted)makes you think that you'll be in Tuscany when you walk out instead of Fort Greene! Highly recommended.
By racacrath on 3/5/2003
From the moment you arrive they treat you like long lost friends. The appetizers are interesting and the freshly made pastas are outstanding. The monthly wine tasting dinners are superb value and turn into a great big party.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu