All Reader Reviews of...
32 Spring St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Mott St.
Not Bad, But Overrated
By colpo on 4/14/2003
This place must have naked pictures of somebody big. Year in, year out, I'm told how great this pizza is, and to try the clam pie (their 'specialty'). Well, the pizza is quite ordinary by good-pie-NYC standards. Neither the crust nor the toppings overly impress - suffice to say it's good. Would I take an out-of-towner I wanted to impress here, no. As for the clam pie, STONE BORING! It's a pizza crust, topped with more clams than you'd ever want to eat in any context, forget about on a pizza. No sauce, no ... anything besides clams. Where's the finesse?
Service was terrible
By lester1371 on 4/5/2003
I brought a date here and lets just say she will never want me to call her again.
By Coochie on 4/4/2003
Amazing! the best pizza I have ever eaten. In New York or anywhere else for that matter. The atmosphere is just so right and the food is always consistant. It is a treat every time
the ny pizza place...unless you want to go to harlem
By dtulsa on 4/1/2003
very good, but no original patsy's or grimaldi's. or even original totonno's. don't trust a reviewer that hasn't been to them all. when i didn't know better, i loved lombardi's too. but if you're looking for the very, very best...
By TLINDS on 3/21/2003
ITS THE BEST PIZZA IN NEW YORK
Pizza Done Right!
By theNixter on 3/14/2003
Now this is pizza done right. Forget all those places with the 3 hour waits, you'll only end up disappointed anyway. This is as good as it gets outside of Italy. The coal oven pizza is always done to perfection-- the crust is thin but not too crisp, the toppings are always fresh and plentiful and the atmosphere warm and cozy. Great place to come with friends, family, anyone who enjoys delicious pizza at reasonable prices.
By miminet4 on 2/28/2003
outside of Pepe's in New Haven, where else can you go for a great pie but Lombardos! THin crust, delicate sauce and plenty of atmosphere!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’