All Reader Reviews of...
32 Spring St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Mott St.
By miminet4 on 2/28/2003
outside of Pepe's in New Haven, where else can you go for a great pie but Lombardos! THin crust, delicate sauce and plenty of atmosphere!
Pizza Done Right!
By theNixter on 3/14/2003
Now this is pizza done right. Forget all those places with the 3 hour waits, you'll only end up disappointed anyway. This is as good as it gets outside of Italy. The coal oven pizza is always done to perfection-- the crust is thin but not too crisp, the toppings are always fresh and plentiful and the atmosphere warm and cozy. Great place to come with friends, family, anyone who enjoys delicious pizza at reasonable prices.
By TLINDS on 3/21/2003
ITS THE BEST PIZZA IN NEW YORK
the ny pizza place...unless you want to go to harlem
By dtulsa on 4/1/2003
very good, but no original patsy's or grimaldi's. or even original totonno's. don't trust a reviewer that hasn't been to them all. when i didn't know better, i loved lombardi's too. but if you're looking for the very, very best...
By Coochie on 4/4/2003
Amazing! the best pizza I have ever eaten. In New York or anywhere else for that matter. The atmosphere is just so right and the food is always consistant. It is a treat every time
Service was terrible
By lester1371 on 4/5/2003
I brought a date here and lets just say she will never want me to call her again.
Not Bad, But Overrated
By colpo on 4/14/2003
This place must have naked pictures of somebody big. Year in, year out, I'm told how great this pizza is, and to try the clam pie (their 'specialty'). Well, the pizza is quite ordinary by good-pie-NYC standards. Neither the crust nor the toppings overly impress - suffice to say it's good. Would I take an out-of-towner I wanted to impress here, no. As for the clam pie, STONE BORING! It's a pizza crust, topped with more clams than you'd ever want to eat in any context, forget about on a pizza. No sauce, no ... anything besides clams. Where's the finesse?
Try the classic Clam Pie
By naya377 on 4/15/2003
Lombardi's Clam Pie is my favorite. The portion is very generous, and this pizza is pretty fulfilling; you'll get a good amount of good pizza for a good price. The waitresses are not super nice, but they're not rude or anything. Just look at how many people they have to serve every day, and you shouldn't really complain about the service since it's decent.
A REAL NEW YORK PIZZA JOINT
By LOLA720 on 4/16/2003
YOU'VE TRIED THE REST....REALLY THOUGH, THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST OF NEW YORK.
By PizzaSnob on 5/12/2003
Been to Lombardi's many times and love all their pies but can't understand why the clam pie is always so dry. If this is the way it is to be served, then I'll pass on this being their "best" selection....
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears