All Reader Reviews of...
64 Frost St., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
at Meeker Ave.
Thank God they had beer.
By MrOpinionated on 10/3/2010
6:45 PM- Arrive, sit outside with wife and 5 yr old boy. 7:00 - Drink order taken. 7:15- waitress asks what I had decided to order, I remind her that I did. 7:25- Drinks arrive and food order taken, 1 order pretzels, Wiener Schnitzel,and Eisbein. We ask to move inside, it was getting chilly, waitress says that's OK and she'll tell the inside waiter about us. 7:45- Waiter finally comes to table and confirms that order has been placed and asks us if we would like another drink, we say yes. 8:00- Waiter comes back and forgets one drink. We inquire about the pretzels, the kid is reaching final meltdown, he says he'll check. 8:10- Waiter tells us Pretzels will be up shortly and so will the other orders. 8:20- Pretzels arrive, waiter informs us that there is a chef in training, (on a Saturday night?) and the kitchen's backed up. My wife threatens to call Gordon Ramsey , I order another round and tell the waiter they should be on the house. They were. 8:50- Food finally arrives. The Schnitzle is bone dry but edible The Eisbein is super dry as well and half cold. The mashed tasted old. 9:10- We ate what we could and I got up to use the bathroom. When I returned the table had been cleared, we had finished with our food but not the beer! Oh well, "Check please". Hello, waiter, where are you? Wife also informs me that if I bitch I pay. This doesn't make sense since it started out as her treat. 9:30- In car listening to wife tell me that if I really cared I would write about it.
By thestork on 7/14/2010
the bartender was uber-friendly, the beer was delicious, the interior design is sweet and the outside seating sweeter. the brick-perimeter is cool. i recommend a visit.
hotties and Radebergers
By SeanPardue on 6/30/2010
I live off the Lorimer stop and am now a fixture here. I love this place. The beer is great. The service is better (my waitress was a hot, southern hipster, with a texas tattoo...yes please). Also, the best wiener shnitzel I've ever eaten. After frequenting the Loreley LES, I must tell everyone this location is much preferred. Better food and better service.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu