All Reader Reviews of...
73 Gansevoort St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Washington St.
Really Los Dados?
By DreNYC on 10/26/2009
The bartender was rude.,hen seated for dinner I ordered the Pablano Shrimp Risotto, which was served undercooked (undercooked as in it was CRUNCHY). When I asked for it to be cooked a little longer, (zap it in the microwave if that's what it will take) I was told, "This is how we cook it". I have never heard of a restaurant telling patron who feels their meal is undercooked, Ã‚Â“Too bad, this is how we make it,Ã‚Â” definitely a first for me. Overall it was a waste of time, money and chewing. I would have been better off stopping at a hot dog vendor. At least that would have been cooked food. This place is one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had in New York and I was born and raised here.
Great Sangria & Staff
By southernyankeebelle on 4/20/2009
Though we had read some un-encouraging reviews of this place, my co-workers and I decided to check it out for ourselves after work for dinner and drinks. We were very pleased with our entire experience. Our waiter was fantastic and the vibe of the place was nice and relaxing without pretension.The sangria here is one of the best I've had. I would recommended the mini beef tacos and the quesadillas too. The guacamole is pretty good, but not the best I've had - still a good starter though. I would not recommend the mahi mahi tacos - they were very bland.
Overpriced Upscale Taqueria
By MaryHelen on 3/14/2009
At Los Dados, "Mexican home cooking" means posh street food and fancy tequila cocktails in a sultry, sceney space. Packed to the gills last (Friday) night, excellent service outshone the erratic food. Fresh, chunky guacamole and moist mahi mahi tacos were spot on, but the signature beef picadillo mini tacos were far too sweet for a starter. Bland, overdecorated chicken and steak quesadillas were merely filling, while even the $45 margherita pitchers couldn't wash down the bone dry "Al Pastor" pork tacos. Instead of dessert, we turned to the exhaustive tequila menu: from $12-$50/shot, the $20 flight of three reposado shots was a relative steal. But before we knew it, dinner for 4 modest drinkers/eaters came to a steep $300. Ay caramba!
By basil05 on 12/14/2007
stopped by los dados last weekend after doing some christmas (oops, holiday) shopping in the meatpacking (pastis was jammed) and was VERY pleasantly surprised by the food.. had a dish of chilaquiles and some cinnamon tortilla chips.. both excellent.. will definitely go back for dinner
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s