All Reader Reviews of...
59 Grand St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. West Broadway
BEST VEGGIE BURGER OF MY LIFE
By tenseventen on 2/20/2012
I went here with a friend of mine last weekend. It had been recommended to us both, so we decided to give it a try. We started off with the calamari, which was great, perfect texture and just the right amount of breading, the spicy tomato dipping sauce was a nice touch too. We both ordered burgers for our entrees, she the turkey and I got the veggie. It was the best veggie burger I have ever had! The flavor was delicious and it was almost crispy on the outside which was nice considering most veggie patties just fall apart in your mouth. The service was top-notch for as busy as it was. Definitely don't come here on a friday night for a quiet evening but sometimes the hustle and bustle adds a nice vibe. The place itself was so cosy, my friend described the decor as a cute cigar box of a place. Will definitely be coming back, and often.
By jennwong on 7/13/2010
The oil in our salad dressing was rancid and disgusting. To make up for that, the waiter offered a free dessert. We unfortunately had the bread pudding which was like a block of old compressed sponge which had grenadine drizzled over the top of it. Horrible food, good service, unbelievably crowded. Ironically, the shining NYmag review is what brought me and my friends to this restaurant.
Hit & miss
By nutleyfamilyplayhouse on 3/1/2010
In the same meal, I had some of the best calamari and the worst pizza EVER. The calamari was perfect - texture was great and just the right amount of breading. The pizza? Well, there's better to be found in the back of a Duane Reade freezer. Strange considering how well the McNally's do bread. I'm pretty sure that pizza came right out of a convection microwave...
By Obi1984 on 10/7/2009
One of the best restaurants in town for private dinner with friends...
By IsabellaNY on 8/14/2009
We had so much fun here...the food was great and it was a good value...in a good neighborhood to go out after.
By JosephFUler1 on 8/14/2009
Absolutely wonderful perfect for a group. We all had a very good dinner and tons of fun!
Good place to eat in Soho
By Joe_W on 10/24/2008
Went there a few weeks ago on a Thursday night. I liked the Croque Monsieur and the wine . Prices are reasonable.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu