All Reader Reviews of...
243 E. 53rd St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Third Ave.
Save your hard earned dining dollars!
By foodie2B on 2/19/2011
Sadly, I write that Luna-Piena is to be missed. I reside in the area and thought I would try it. I love Italian cuisine and usually dine at La Masseria, but it is on the far West Side. Thus, I visited Luna-Piena in person to select a table and to get a sense of the noise level. Unfortunately, I reserved a table with a distracted young women working the bar. Upon arrival that evening, our reservation was not listed, obviously the table I requested occupied, and the noise level deafening. The food was ordinary, the service rushed and chaotic. Will not return.
Luna Piena March25, 2009
By harriet1 on 4/15/2009
The food tasted freshly prepared and presented with NYC sophistication: pasta fasole, tortellini in broth, lasagna and salmon plus the tiramisu stood up straight and didn't taste like the refrigerator. Look for the $20 special menu if seated before 6 pm. If you're late, don't despair, the food and wine prices are moderate. This restaurant appears peopled with neighborhood types either dining or yacking it up at the small front bar. The service was excellent--attentive and friendly but not overly. Get there before the chef and /or waiters leave.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears
- America Finally Realizing Subway’s Sandwiches Aren’t Very Good
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture