All Reader Reviews of...
177 Vanderbilt Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11205
nr. Myrtle Ave.
One of Fort Greene's Best Restaurants
By missminimoney on 10/29/2010
Luz hits all the right notes with terrific food and drinks, a welcoming atmosphere, and a nice space. The bar is a good spot for having a meal if you're alone. From the cocktail menu, the caipirinhas are outstanding. On the food menu, I'd highly recommend the chupe, arepas, pincho des res and roasted chicken. Other dishes are delicious too. Some of the newer wait staff maybe aren't as friendly as the original crew but that's the only downside I can think of.
By arlen on 9/25/2005
Fabulous food. Great to hang out, chic decour and fast service. If you want to go to a nice restaurant and have fabulous food this is the place...The prices are moderate and the food is delicious..I will defenetly go back!
Welcome To The Neighborhood
By epod34 on 8/15/2005
When they workout all of the kinks, Luz will be a fine addition to the neighborhood. The night we were there they were out of a number of entrees and one of the deserts and the coffee machhine wasn't working, but the food was very very good. Appetizers included delicious fresh shrimp ceviche and mouth watering emapanadas. Entrees included a wonderful steak, tender and tasty and a great value. The place was packed on Friday night (their reservation policy on the phone was they don't take reservations, but when we got there they said that they did)and the service could be more attentive, but for inventive and delicious Pan-Latino food, it would be hard to beat Luz.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu