All Reader Reviews of...
211-213 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 13th St.
Coal oven, MUY BUENA pizza
By darlacondor1970 on 5/26/2009
wow, my friend told me about Luzzo's a few days ago...i went in on saturday night and i must say..Napoli is da house!! the pizza was gooood man..i am definitely coming back
By Giovanna21 on 5/26/2009
my co-workers and I are still talking about the Pizza we ordered for lunch. I ma glad we got to try it...I will definitely will be back there soon. Yummy :-)
Delicious and authentic, even at the uptown branch
By LD8 on 9/5/2009
I recently discovered that there was a Luzzo's nearby after having heard so much about the 1st Ave. branch. The first time I ordered, I chose a traditional "La Quadrata" Bufala (essentially the Neapolitan take on what we know as Sicilian pizza), and the "Ripieno" for delivery from the 96th St. location and was delighted with both. Both were ordered for lunch and arrived within the half-hour within which we were told to expect it. In the case of the La Quadrata, the crust had a great sourdough flavor nicely augmented with islands of sweet, buttery buffalo mozzarella, basil and a tangy tomato sauce; the Ripieno had the same qualities, with a bit more mozzarella, thinner crust, along with sausage, olives, and slices of a nice, dense ricotta. Having lived in Italy before I appreciated the authenticity of the pizze here and am lucky to have Luzzo's in the neighborhood.
By eje on 10/26/2009
I am really surprised by the reviews thus far. Luzzo's was ok. The crust was thin and held the pizza together well. The crust was soft and not very gummy. The sauce, cheese, and topping my date and I shared were completely unremarkable. The sausage was very dry. The "basil" was just a sprig placed on the top. I ended up tearing it up and putting it over the whole pie. This helped. The sauce was neither sweet nor savory, it tasted generic. All in all I was unimpressed.
By pizzaholic5 on 11/19/2010
I LOVE IT! its the tipical little italian place the people that work there are funny the food is good and I would racomend it to my friends. :)
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu