All Reader Reviews of...
211-213 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 13th St.
By girardasse on 12/11/2007
NYC is lucky to have a couple of excellent pizza joints and Luzzos is one of the best Ive been so far. The pizzas here are traditional: thin-crust with a tasty tomato base: simply delicious! (the rest of the dishes is less interesting)
Luzzo's is Italian, Lombardi's just very turistic
By elisabetta on 11/28/2007
I'm Italian. Luzzo's is a piece of Italy in NY. Nothing to do with Lombardi's and other pretending-to-be-Italian pizzerie. Luzzo's pizza is a true Italian pizza. Ingredients come r-e-a-l-l-y from Italy (mozzarella di bufala, olive oil ecc.) and the way is made is just the proper, original one. Owner and waiters are true, 100% Italians (napoletani!!!). Absolutely reccomended if you miss Italy and you can't fly back there!
"It's every ingredient"
By beethere on 7/27/2007
The pizza at Luzzo's is unbelievably good. Everything just tastes perfect. I asked the waiter (they are all great people) how they did it one time and he took me back to the bakery area and showed me every ingredient. His point was largely that everything came fresh from Italy, including the staff. I even took my buddy Pete, who is a native new yorker there. He fought to hold back his smile when he said "that's a good pie". Whatever they are doing it works.
Real Neapolitan Pizza
By cateljo on 10/30/2006
Beware: real Neapolitan pizza, excellent. That is, NOT thin and crusty, under Italian pizza standards, but relatively thick. So, if you are looking for a "Roman" pizza (very, very thin and crusty) it's not your place. Reasonably priced ($33). The bufala mozzarella is real bufala mozzarella, as tautologic as that may seem. Espresso excellent; Limoncello you can skip.
By jcalio on 8/1/2004
Excellent inexpensive italian. The pizza is amazing as well as the entrees.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- The Rise of the Power Sushi Restaurant
- 25-Ton Potato Spill Blocks Off North Carolina Highway for Hours
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More