All Reader Reviews of...
118 Greenwich Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Jane St.
By dcm884 on 5/7/2012
What $40 got us for a recent Sunday brunch here: 1. Horrible service, despite being the only people in the place. Literally - when we arrived at noon, our group was the only party in the restaurant. Waiters all seemed as if they were recent lobotomy patients and were impolite to boot. 2. Inedible food. I ordered fried eggs - they arrived basically uncooked with various sides that tasted like cardboard. I had to finish off a friend's mediocre burger to avoid eating my left arm. 3. An insane bill for what was a booze-free brunch. I'm certain that brunch at the neighborhood soup kitchen would have been a better experience. This place was awful.
Lyon Restaurant on Greenwich Street, New York City
By FoodConnoisseur2012 on 12/10/2011
This bustling bistro can best be described as amateur hour. Even with a reservation, we waited over an hour to be seated and served a salad appetizer. Then, the main course never arrived. (The manager then said he "comped" the main course that was never served.) Service is horrible and the staff blamed the kitchen. Wine and salad over a $100. Nonprofessional to a fare-the-well. Take a pass or take a book. Not worth the wait.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu