All Reader Reviews of...
292 Grand St., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. Havemeyer St.
A little hyped up...
By BKNY on 1/11/2009
The food was mediocre and no doubt expensive for the quality. It is however the best Chinese food I've had in the area so far. In terms of flavor, don't expect anything beyond a good Chinese take out place. If you do go, I recommend the pork dumplings...
By joshuass on 12/23/2008
I think that M Shanghai was a delicious, sassy if you will Chinese bistro. Also it is quite the scene....between the entire internet and me, I saw Slash from the Guns N' Roses downstairs......or did I?
I heart juicy buns
By delikado on 6/23/2008
This is a must-try for anyone stepping foot in M Shanghai: JUICY STEAMED PORK BUNS! Even if you don't try anything else on the menu, these little bundles of foodie joy will make you very, very happy indeed. But if you and your friends decide not to order steamer after steamer of the juicy buns (not that I've ever done that), the spinach with fresh garlic and the salt & pepper shrimp are just a few of the delicious complements.
By kjp216 on 3/9/2008
This place has single-handedly reignited my love for chinese food in New York.
What was once fantastic, has fizzled flat...
By nycnofx on 5/2/2007
What was once a fantastic collection of hybrid chinese/american/asian cuisine, has somehow fallen into a tired, slumpish routine... The Cruchy exciting chinese broccolli that i once loved? now a mushy overcooked clone of the original... The sensational flavor that used to wrap around their AMAZING one of a kind steamed dumplings? forget it, you missed the boat, what's replaced them is a flavorless lump on par with frozen... i'm not sure what changed at M Shanghai, but the flavor, snap, and sizzle has left this menu long ago... consider me wearing a black veil mourning the loss of a favourite restaurant...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu