All Reader Reviews of...
299 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10017
at 41st St.
They tried hard but failed.
By zukimac on 8/14/2010
We went to what looked like a typical lovely corner restaurant in NY city. Unfortunately there was one waitress for the whole restaurant. The poor gal was overwhelmed. But we were not in a hurry so the slow service did not bother us. What bothered me was I ordered a steak, potatoes and spinach.... all I got was the steak and potato. I told the man (not our waitress) who brought it to me that the chef forgot the spinach, he said he would fix the problem. Our waitress never once came over to ask how things were going, if she had I would I have told her that the chef had missed giving me one third of my dinner. When I was almost done with my dinner I finally had to get up, find the waitress and tell her I wanted my vegetable. The food was good once you got it. I loved the atmosphere and location. But, it was too much work on my part for the money that I spent.
By smilelots on 7/31/2008
Unless you like faux-classy, dirty bars, don't go here. The place was dirty (there were lip-stick stains on my glass), the service was poor (the waitress got our order confused twice!), and the air-conditioning system was dripping! I will never return.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s