All Reader Reviews of...
1081 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10021
at 64th St.
By Mikey2005 on 7/17/2005
The varied menu is well executed and of the highest quality. Braised short ribs are superb as are the potstickers. Very good cocktail selection. Professional service and cool decor. Would definitely go back.
A perefect meal
By JustJack on 7/15/2005
I had occasion to be in the neighborhood with some friends and we thought we would give this new restaurant a try. We could not have been more impressed. The decor is interesting and unique. Our waiter was knowledgable and enthusiastic and the food was superb. Of special note was the wine list. Comprehensive and a perfect match to the food. We will be back.
By VicA on 7/15/2005
Not your typical Chinese restaurant. The Peking Duck is fantastic! Scallops to die for...and the 10 oz. steak...WOW!!! Well thought out wine list and a very knowledgable staff. Our waiter knew the menu, made some terrific recomendations and helped make the dining experience that much more enjoyable. Chef takes his creativity to new heights in the quality and presentation of his dishes! Well done Mainland! See you again soon!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears