All Reader Reviews of...
121 St. Nicholas Ave., New York, NY, 10026
at 116th St.
Ladybug birthday cake
By Simoney on 9/27/2011
My sister ordered this as a birthday cake for my niece. I believe it's the second time we've done business with them. I really enjoyed the cake itself. It was flavorful and the filling was just perfect but I took serious issues with the icing. It was extremely bitter and I am not certain, but I believe it to be due to the large amount of food coloring that needed to be added to achieve the deep red and black colors required for a lady bug. Would I order from them again? Yeah, but definitely not that cake or anything with intense colors.
BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CUPCAKE YOU'LL FIND IN MANHATTAN
By tallen555 on 3/18/2009
THE CUPCAKES ARE BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CUPCAKE YOU'LL FIND IN MANHATTAN. the overhyped Magnolia bakery has cupcakes with dry cake and great icing. Make My Cake has great, moist cake and perfect icing at half the price of the rip-off Magnolia cakes.
By tratra on 7/24/2007
The cupcakes are super moist and the icing is delish. My only problem is the nickel and diming crap they do to you in terms of value and service. First of all the "cold" beverage fridge is kept at a sweltering 60 degrees (the digital readout is clearly visible) so all drinks are warm and if you want a cup of ice, they charge 75 cents, which is ridiculous. Also, they charge you for the plastic to-go containers for your cupcake, and if you don;t buy one, half of the icing on your cupckae ends up on the inside of the bag.
ONLY IN HARLEM
By elsushi921 on 6/27/2007
It just seems verything in Harlem is extra good. This place is a major hot and compete with any bakery any time any place. We left Sutton to move to Harlem and more and more we are seeing great places opening up. I also learned of this on newnewyorker dot com so much to do up in Harlem .
By JBaylor on 5/1/2007
bakery opened DECEMBER 2006 NOT DEC. 2007
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu