All Reader Reviews of...
214 E. 49th St., New York, NY, 10017
nr. Third Ave.
Must try if your a mexican food lover
By CD682 on 8/21/2009
Been here a few times, I have never had a payaya like this anywhere else, must go for dinner portion taste so good, filled with seafood, worth the $85.00 or so. Dish will feed 2 !
Better than Rosa Mexicano?
By food_is_amazing on 4/28/2008
Friend B has been swearing that Mama bests Rosa, so Friend A and I went to decide for ourselves. The verdict: depends upon what you want out of your Mexican restaurant. Mama Mexico is a noisy, pinata-colored fiesta, offering friendly, attentive service; a Mariachi band; and an (almost) overwhelming number of menu items, from its zillion enchilada platters to its desserts. Friend A and I downed a pitcher of red wine sangria between us--smooth and refreshing. She had La Cena de Mama; I had the enchilada special (beef, chicken, shrimp, with red, mole, and green sauces). Heavy and messy and perfect for sangria-absorption. The tres leches cake was lovely, with the perfect ratio of whipped cream to cake. The star of the night was the guacamole, and here is why: it tasted like (good) Ameri-Mexican food of old, before Rosa went Whole Foods on it. So which restaurant is better? If you are looking for food to have with your sangria, and a place to catch up with a friend without having to take yourself seriously, choose Mama. If you are looking, first and foremost, for a good, proper meal, choose Rosa. I choose both.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu