All Reader Reviews of...
61 Mott St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Canal St.
rips off foreigners
By millieefung on 3/21/2011
my mother who is chinese buys their frozen roast pork buns from them for about year for me to bring up to college to eat for breakfast. She has never been ripped off the way I was. I wanted to help my mother out by going there myself and being that I am chinese-american, i guess they thought that they could try to earn a few extra dollars from me. I bought 18 buns and they charged me $21! I paid without thinking because I was in a rush to get other groceries before they all closed. I walked a few blocks and realized i paid more than $1 for each one! I called my mother and she said that the price should be $2.50 for 3 buns. They charged me $3.50 for 3 buns. I went back to dispute with them nicely and they said it was "night prices" I got extremely angry bc they took me as a fool and said some not-so-nice-things in cantonese bc they are ripping off their own people and i cant stand unfair businesses practices. PLUS, "night prices"?!?! if anything, food/beverage normally gets cheaper at night to get rid of inventory! after a heated conversation, they ended up paying me back the $5 they overcharged me but i dont think i will ever go back. i am a person of principles and no one deserves the service i received. I have to admit, their buns are good but make sure you ALWAYS look at the bill before paying!!!!
By sheilaxie on 5/27/2010
I went to the restaurant after researching Yelp. It was a disappointment for a Chinese. The food was average. There was nothing exciting about the restaurant. Service was slightly above average. I would not recommend the restaurant.
By savannahlee on 5/24/2009
i went to manderin court a few months ago. it was amazing. i went with my mom and aunt. we sat next to a french couple who did'nt speak english. it was so much fun trying to understand what they where saying and the food was amazing. i recomend the sweet pork bun!
The best dim sum...
By Juan_Carlos on 11/17/2008
You won't find any elegance or extravagance. What you will find is some amazing food. The pork, the chicken and the seafood dim sum are spectacularly good. The service is quick, efficient and even when you aren't too well versed in Chinese - they do their best to communicate. This place is always packed and with good reason.
A must visit for the best chinese food
By rdjohnson1967 on 3/10/2008
I went there in Dec., 07 and I was surprized at just how terrific the food was. I have been to many chinese restaurants and this one is the best I have ever had. The food was an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. I highly recommend Mandarin Court to everyone.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu