All Reader Reviews of...
38 Union Sq. East, New York, NY, 10003
nr. 16th St.
By cupcakemonster on 5/28/2008
I always get the junior maoz, I find the regular one too be too much for me. And I prefer the whole wheat pita. But that's just me. You can pick what you want in your falafel from the salad bar, so feel free to add pickles, cole slaw, chickpeas, broccoli, cauliflower, and yogurt among other things to your little pita pocket at your discretion. There are only three seats there, so I always take my maoz and eat it on a bench outside or on the way home.
Best Salad Bar Ever
By Pebbles123 on 10/18/2010
The absolute best lunch value south of 42nd Street. Order the Salad Box, and you'll get 5 hot, crisp falafels on a bed of lettuce. Then load up the big container with all the carrots, beets, cauliflower, broccoli, Israeli salad, pickled eggplant, tabouli, olives, and pickles that will fit. You'll have a giant, fresh, tasty salad for one fixed price. So good! Only drawback: the teeny-tiny shop is always jammed, and it can feel a bit like bedlam at lunchtime. But well worth it.
THE BEST FALAFEL IN NYC!
By HKITB on 9/4/2008
This is by far the freshest and tastiest in NYC. The Maoz located on 8th Street between Broadway and University, is my personal choice, the salad bar toppings offered and those amazing french fries are ridiculously good. The pita's are really fresh and soft, and the falafels are delicious and served hot. I really think this qualifies as one of the best cheap eats in NYC and by far the best falafel in town..
Seriously good Falafel
By journey2freedom on 2/10/2011
My coworker and I have been to Maoz two days in a row! It is so good, so fresh, and so filling. The falafel is to die for! I am not a vegetarian but would seriously consider it if I could find food this good everywhere. Delicious!
LLOOOVVEEE MOAZ UNION SQUARE
By HelenJanene on 5/12/2013
A friend introduced me to the place, and it was great !!! I loved the idea of packing my own pita. You choose this way, more of this, less or none of that. Its personal that way. Its like the have it your way of pita's. And don't stop there the brocclie has some flavor like its bin barbiqued or something. I fell in LOVE with that pita. And you put the sause YOU like and how much You want YUMMY. Now I am out on the east end of Long Island missing my fav place. If I could hunt down a place out here that is for rent etc. I wish for one I could go to. Maybe work there and have lunch till it comes out my ears. The other thing they had was juice - shakes. My kind of stuff, and you can walk right over to the park and enjoy it too. Included in this my zip codes 11952 11949 wanna Moaz by me. The price is decent too & that you can't beat. In NYC too they are passing a savings along nice XOXO Helen XOXO
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint