All Reader Reviews of...
228 W. 10th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Bleecker St.
By thfd on 5/14/2007
The restaurant was beautiful inside, yet the food was overly seasoned. Everything was too salty and too spicy.
Food and decor
By berger on 10/6/2005
Since the restaurant opened in July of this year, my husband & I have been fortunate to have eaten there on several occasions with both friends and family. Everyone loved the very unique decor - the casual, 'sit-back & enjoy' atmosphere of the restaurant. The service was a little sketchy at times - but everyone was so courteous and sensitive to making our dining experience special, we were able to 'forgive' and chalk it up to newness and nervousness because when the food arrived everything was spectacular!! Our favorite menu selections have been the beef rib appetizer and the breaded porkchop dinner. In fact - we have ordered both every time we've had dinner there! We try to get into the city at least once a month & we plan to have dinner at Maremma everytime!
so glad we came back!
By ffax on 9/30/2007
My husband and I returned to Maremma after a so-so meal there a year ago. WOW! Everything--from the decor to the wine list to the service but especially the food--has dramatically improved. The swiss chard dumplings were light and flavorful, the gnocchi and tagliatelli lovely, and the panna cotta absolutely delish. Best of all, we had the least expensive wine on the list (San Giovese Maremma) and it worked perfectly with the food. We recommend Maremma for molto buon gusto!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More