- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
154 Mansion Ave., Staten Island, NY, 10308
at Hillside Terr.
Good as it Gets
By mjana on 4/10/2012
I rate the Marina Cafe as a "10" As far as food, service and atmosphere this place is as good as it gets! I've had many fun times there last summer and am looking forward to spending a bunch of summer nights there again this year.
Totally forgettable except for the bar-back
By Visch on 6/4/2009
I've been to the Marina Cafe several times, not because I like it, but because almost everyone I know is dying to go to it for some reason. The food just not good enough for the price. Your paying for the view. That's it. Also, if you sit inside, there is no view except for maybe if you get really lucky and get placed next to a window. In the summer they have the patio thing, but that's incredibly crowded and the crowd is either obnoxious kids or strangely promiscuous old people. Avoid the chicken mango sandwich thing because it tastes like pure sugar and the lobster ravioli because it is not even remotely fresh and portion is comically small. If your in your early 20's and don't mind paying 9 dollars for a mixed drink or 6 for a beer this is the place for you. (if your looking to pick up 50+ year olds that is) The one positive every time i go is the very funny and entertaining bar-back. He is hilarious and the best at getting ice and drinks ever!
Great food, great views
By mediagirlnyc on 1/14/2009
This place is a gem. I live nearby, but don't get to go as often as I'd like. I've never been disappointed in anything I've ever ordered, and the entertainment is always top-notch. Try making reservations for dinner during the week - they have a great fixed price menu that is sure to tempt anyone's tastebuds. And in the summer...what a beautiful view!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu