All Reader Reviews of...
261 Water St., New York, NY, 10038
at Peck Slip
Very poor service
By eliza1107 on 2/4/2012
While the food at MarkJoseph's restaurant was good, it was not worth the unpleasant dining experience. I have never been treated so poorly by a waiter before. Not only was the waiter rude, he rushed us to order and was taking our plates away while we were still eating. Our waiter did not ask us if we would like coffee or dessert and just handed us the check as we were still eating. At the end our meal he had the audacity to mention the gratuity was not included on the bill to our party of four. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
By rcdavis on 6/17/2009
Sat down for a quick lunch with my co-worker to talk some business. We asked to be sat in the back so we could talk. Got placed next to some 80 yr old power broker and his asian prostitute. At one point i hear him exclaim in yiddish and say "oooh that feels good" i proceeded to glance over and catch them with her hand down his pants. Food was good though.
Just Good stuff
By bugmenot on 4/16/2009
It's not a World-beating steakhouse, but it is better than several "premier" steakhouses in NYC (The Palm, I'm looking at you). The service is good, wine list is meh, and the decor is kind of a mess. I've been a handful of times and never regretted it It's a great place to just go grab a steak, some potatoes, spinach and BACON. No Nonsense
By centralpark on 4/11/2003
The steak wasn't good - I imagine Outback would be better. The service was: take the order, bring the food, get the money. Don't waste your time trying to find it.
By michelle on 2/22/2003
The steak is served Peter Luger style, but style is where it stops. The steak was decent, but not very good. Certainly not great. It doesn't matter what the appetisers and side dishes are like. You go to a steak house for the steak, and this place just doesn't compare to the likes of Sparks's, Peter Luger's, or any of the other top NY steakhouses.
Excellent Steak - Poor Service.
By Hads on 2/10/2003
The porterhouse for two and the sides were on par with the big steakhouses of N.Y.C., but the service was downright awful. A friend of mine had the hot juices from the steak spilled on his lap by the waiter. The waiter just smiled and said " Sorry". I felt rushed the entire time, that I was in the restaurant. Food was excellent but the service was a complete disaster.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu