All Reader Reviews of...
15 E. 12th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. University Pl.
If this place was nice, it isn't anymore.
By badzil on 11/21/2011
We went to this restaurant on a recommandation and were extremely disappointed. The dining room is charming and the atmosphere is very nice. The art on the walls is colorful and interesting to the eye. That's about all there is to this restaurant. We had the prix fixe menu which price is $28. Food: As an appetizer we had a roasted beet and spinach salad with walnuts. That's exactly what it was. The beet were good but uninteresting. The main course was 4 frozen tasteless shrimp ravioli drenched in a canned tomato sauce. The only thing to taste was the tomato. The portion was small and some greens would have been appreciated. The plate was just red from the tomato sauce. The dessert was cheesecake. The plate was heavily decorated with unripe strawberries, mango and raw molasses. The cheesecake was disgusting, very dense and the crust had a strong flavor of shortening. Service: The service was slow as it took more than 20 minutes for the kitchen to prepare the very basic salads. The waitresses were nice but did not pay much attention to us and it took them a long time to come and refill our water glasses or notice that we were still waiting for our food. When we mentioned to one of them that the cheesecake was not good, the only answer we got was: "Ah, OK." Conclusion: We were expecting good things from DiFiore Marquet but were disappointed. I won't go there anymore and I do not recommend this address.
With Charm to Spare
By joopynyc on 1/20/2005
What a great find! While University Place is teeming with loud, cookie-cutter, student-chic establishments packed with patrons, here is a warm, welcoming, neighborhood place with excellent, exciting food. My favorite thing to do? Sit at the bar, have a meal, and chat with the great staff.
By Eddie on 2/10/2004
I liked the atmosphere - quiet and intitimate . I ordered a sumptuous filet mignon which was perfectly cooked with caramelized onions and mustard sauce. My dinner was wonderful and I want to take my spouse there for a special Valentine's Night.
By dag on 1/26/2004
I love it !!!!! The place was beautiful, the food fantastic & the service was really professional. Overral, one perfect evening.... I really recommend...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month