All Reader Reviews of...
630 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
at 44th St.
HIT OR MISS!
By zigzag on 2/17/2003
I have had 2 distincly different experiences at Marseille. It was as thou I dined at two different restaurants. The first was quite enjoyable. A large group of us dined there for pre-theater matinee. The food was excellant, the proportions so large you could not finish your meal and overall fairly good, attentive service. In contrast, we dined there one Saturday evening. Althou the food was still quite tasty, the proportions were so small we actually went out for a light bite after theater as we were still hungry! Additionally, the service in the evening was horrific. We never saw our waiter all nite, waited 45 minutes between appetizer & entree. And after a half hour wait and three requests for our coffee, we finally gave up and requested a check. Marseille is definatey worth giving a chance as the food is wonderful and innovative. Just no promises on how much and when you will be served.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl