All Reader Reviews of...
841 Broadway, New York, NY, 10003
nr. 13th St.
Chocolate by the bold man
By girardasse on 12/17/2007
The bald man has found the right formula. The chocolate is very good but the other dishes are not too bad. No wonder it's always packed....
Chocolate Lovers' dream come true
By cece97 on 6/24/2007
My only complaint about the restaurant is that it is too small. Otherwise the first smell that hits you is the chocolate and it is wonderful. I mean its almost overwhelming because you just do not know where to start. I would recommend everyone go. I felt like I could taste chocolate in everything we ate from the drink to the salad dressing but it was not so bad that you were annoyed. The wait time was not bad and the service was as expected for a busy New York restuarant.
Deliciousness served by the inept and uncaring
By Bad_Elf on 3/13/2007
i saw the review for this shop and thought: i must go there. So i went, my husband and three friends in tow. The experience was dreadful. The crowd i expected, although there was no crowd control, which might have been helpful and avoid the constant elbows in the face. The decor was loud, but interesting. i hoped that the hour wait was worth it. It wasn't. We finally got our table, and our waitress ignored us. We asked for water 4 times, and never received it. The incorrect item was brought to the table and, when we remarked upon the error, the waitress gave us attitude. Granted, it was so loud that when we said, "This is coffee; we wanted toffee with a "T"", she appeared perplexed, but proceeded to argue that they didn't have coffee hot chocolate, only mocha. The manager was the saving grace, because she came over to assist. 20 minutes after we asked for the check and didn't receive it, we tossed some cash onto the table and left. It was thoroughly disappointing. i'll be heading to the Cloisters for my hot chocolate from now on.
Fun for Breakfast
By blindwillie on 1/12/2007
Great for a Chocoholics breakfast. Pleasant service and so much chocolate you just want to get a shoulder down and roll in it!
By babydoll32527 on 10/4/2006
When i firt arrived i noticed the very cool and relaxed atmosphere. They had cool decorations of chocolate everywhere. We were seated promptly, and looked at the menu. i was lost!!! i couldnt believe how many different things you could do with chocolate!!! We each ordered something different (there was 3 of us) and decided to all share. It was SOOOOOO GOOD!!!! We even ordered something that said was for two, but there was more than enough and even leftovers!!! Its awesome to go but its got the perfect atmosphere (at night) for a romantic date. i did not try their regular food but someone i know said it was good. i totally recomend this place to choclate lovers and anyone who's up for a diff. experience-esp. a romantic date!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s