All Reader Reviews of...
316 E. 86th St., New York, NY, 10028
nr. Second Ave.
Can't wait to go back
By closer2 on 2/16/2011
We left the neighborhood, and lost one of our favorite restaurants. The mole poblano is one of the best ever - a deep flavored mole steeped chicken. Haven't tasted it anywhere else as good as this. Ask for a custom margarita with fresh lime juice. We'll be back. A great place to meet friends - it's lively, but the level of noise doesn't make it impossible to talk.
My Friend Can't Stay Away From This Place
By sinjin405 on 4/20/2010
The food is great. They have basic mexican which is reasonable and then they have more upscale food. Some times I have to coerce my significant other to go someplace else. He loves the filet mignon with the chipotle sauce. The service is great and very friendly, and if it's someone's birthday you tell the owner and at the end of the evening the waiters come over and sing to you with candles and this dish made with whipped cream, honey and some sort of sweet fried tortia and present you with a sombrero. It is definitely worth going to. As a matter of fact, we are going tonight.
I liked Mex Mezcal
By skgrit257 on 3/6/2009
I thought the food was great. I had an enchilada with tomatillo sauce (aka green sauce) and it was delicious. The prices were no more expensive than other restaurants in NYC.
Maz Mezcal? Oh! no thanks!
By el_loco on 11/2/2008
What ever you do, DO NOT GO TO MAS MEZCAL! The food is far from authentic. It is greasy, fatty, tastless and, I think, out of can! On top of that, very expensive! The only authentic items are, (is) the beer and the waiters. Oh! the chips and salsa are not bad if that's what you want for dinner. Don't waste your money.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White