All Reader Reviews of...
1285 Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
at 52nd St.
BEST SEAFOOD IN NYC, BAR NONE
By chefcristo on 4/6/2011
OVERALL, IF YOU LIKE GREAT SEAFOOD COOKED TO PERFECTION, MC/S IS THE PLACE TO GO. HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED...WELL, MAYBE ONCE DUE TO SOGGY CHIPS THAT WERE UNDER THE COLD TUNA APPETIZER...OK, FORGIVEN...THE TUNA WAS PERFECT!
By FatBastard on 10/2/2008
I stop by here every now and then for fish or shellfish that I know will be fresh, high quality, and cooked properly. M&S has reasonably interesting preparations ranging from reductions to crusts. None stand out in my mind as "must try," and I generally let my mood for the type of fish drive the decision as I've never had a bad meal in dozens of experience at the chain's various outposts. Salads are decent and ample, and when with a group it's fun to start with an oyster sampler before loading up on whichever tastes the best. Some aren't aware -- if you're there super early or late, the bar menu has incredibly cheap happy hour specials. Just be ready to either sit at the bar or flag down an oftentimes reticent waitress. Atmosphere feels like a steakhouse because this was previously an Angelo & Maxie's but that's no different from any other M&S.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu