- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
172 Ave. B, New York, NY, 10009
nr. 11th St.
worst brunch ever.
By AlyBaba on 3/13/2010
WARNING: if you are going to do the unlimited drinks for brunch but not everyone is going to be drinking, you are not allowed to have unlimited drinks. seriously. i went with a group of 5 friends and only one of us wanted to drink and they wouldn't let her have the drink special. (their excuse being that people try and cheat the system and pass drinks around with only having paid for one unlimited special.) not only that, but the service was ATROCIOUS. we were told at least five times that they were kicking us out in 2 hours. the portions are incredibly small and unsatisfying. all in all, a terrible experience.
best guacamole of my life
By sjwxxx on 8/14/2009
This has become a regular spot for me, even if only to eat their guacamole and homemade chips as often as possible. Seriously, they offer many different flavors and they are all heavenly. I loved the ceviche as well - consistently delicious. They miss, though, on some of the side dishes. Chicken tacos are amazing; fish tacos are great but make sure you ask them to go light on the butter.
Authentic & Delicious
By MexicaliLeo on 11/29/2008
While the quality of the food far outweighs the service, this place is a definite gem for those seeking authentic and delicious Mexican food. All the tacos are superior and I highly recommend the fish and the steak. The salsas and sides are great starters with the homemade chips and it's the only place in Manhattan I've found that serves an authentic Michelada. The one surprise was the margaritas. Absolutely tasty, but apparently made with 'tric-quila' which is a form of sake infused with agave flavor... not what you'd expect in a place where all else was balls to the wall authentic. All in all, I'll be back at this place quite often.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu