All Reader Reviews of...
100 Seventh Ave. South, New York, NY, 10014
nr. Grove St.
By mgeier224 on 9/8/2013
Honestly, I felt that the dining experience was subpar from the beginning. The food was way overpriced, and I am Jewish but am not cheap. I dine at places like Rosa Mexican, Koi and Bond Street regularly. First for an appetizer, we ordered guacamole for the table. Now, I am ok with the fact that they don't make it in front of you, as they do at Rosas, however the portion was served on a snack dish and still only took up half the plate. Worse it was served with "tortilla chips" that were stale and reminiscent of old school chinese restarunt soup crackers. It was barely enough to feed a hamstuh. Next came the drinks. I ordered a Sangria a White Sangria. Which apparently means a glass of cheap white wine with a 4 cm pineapple wedge stuck on the side of the glass. Hello this is a Hispanic Restaurant not AppleBees. The saving grace would have been the above average tasting dinner special, except for the fact that the portion size was for a grasshopper. Then came the bill 50 dollars per person. I ask, in my sopha petrillo Golden Girls voice, Would Yuh Feed This Dinnuh to ya Mothuh?
Great food, but fix the service..
By Hayden25 on 4/25/2010
I am a long-time fan of this place, been going for years. But something has GOT to be done about the service/kitchen. We went on Friday night and ordered the chicken (told it was going to take 25 minutes, to which we said, fine) and the shrimp enchiladas. The chicken came to the table 20 minutes before the enchiladas! Come on... we also heard the waiter apologize to two other tables as the patrons got up to leave about various issues they'd apparently experienced over dinner, who knows what. To the owner/manager: whether it's the kitchen or the service, fix the problem!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More