All Reader Reviews of...
99 Prince St., New York, NY, 10012
at Mercer St.
Not up to snuff...
By hungryjacq on 4/28/2004
How could this be a Jean-Georges restaurant? The food was mediocre, the service was atrocious (akin to being in the emergency room and being ignored for hours) and the prices belied the quality of the meal we received. We had to seat ourselves and obtain our own menus. The only time the server voluntarily came to our table was to pick up the check. I had the peekytoe crab cakes, which were incredibly dry. The dipping sauces were completely unimaginative. The server indicated that the chocolate cake was the "best" dessert on the menu. If that's the case, the others aren't even worth offering. Simply awful!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu