All Reader Reviews of...
55 Gansevoort St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Greenwich St.
By uws77 on 2/10/2008
Tried merkato last night---the food is incredible. Flavors and dishes you will not have seen anywhere else--- a really exciting place and definitely worth a visit. The breads and kidogo (small bites) are excellent, as was the tuna entree and the doro wat. The restaurant itself is gorgeous...can't wait to go back and try more
By bermangr on 11/30/2007
I was at a real estate event and got to try some of the food here before they opened. The food was phenomenal, and I can't wait until they open. Tried some very interesting combinations of different appetizers and a desert, and it was all great. Inside wasn't finished yet, but the space feels great and am sure it will look really sharp once they finish.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- The Rise of the Power Sushi Restaurant
- 25-Ton Potato Spill Blocks Off North Carolina Highway for Hours
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More