All Reader Reviews of...
223 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
at President St.
By nanjohn on 7/26/2013
My two friends and I went to the Mezcal's in Bay Ridge. The food was fine, service was fine, the singer was annoying as hell to me, and we also dealt with an annoying drunk person next to us. I got over the singer and the drunk. We were in a good mood. Another waiter wrote our check. My friend was checking the bill and noticed a service fee for about $17.85. We asked our original waiter what is this for he, said that they add tips to checks over $100 dollars. That rule is not printed on menu. Basically that waiter decided to back up his racist co-worker. Our check for 3 of was under $100. I decided to ask the white family of 4, next to us to see their check, it was over $100 and no service fee was added. Their waiter claimed he was busy and he knew them. We showed the family our check and they were as shocked as we were. The ignorant, racist, theft, waiter quickly took back the check and wrote a new one. Racism is alive and real at Mezcal's in Bay Ridge. He decided that three well educated African Americans were not going to tip. He makes me sick. I suggest if you go there double check your bill the waiter may decide that too don't know about tipping. We decided not to tip and reward their racist ways. By the way I asked for a manager and they claimed one was not there. On July 26, 2013 around 9:45PM.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu