All Reader Reviews of...
1209 Cortelyou Rd., Brooklyn, NY, 11226
nr. Westminster Rd.
disappointing..... Wanted to love them
By ditmasmikey on 10/21/2013
Had bunch at mimis on a Saturday morning. The food was pretty good but the experience was sub-par. We were rushed out without being offered desert, while the table near us was enjoying desert. We had a child with us and requested their meal come out first but it was the fifth to come out, about ten minutes after four adults got their lunch. After we finished, our little one asked for a pita bread and they said we can purchase it next door.... wait, are you serious? We just spent 110.00 on a small brunch and you won't give us a pita bread? I rolled my eyes and asked, "are you serious, can't you just give me one pita bread?" -- "I can sell you one for 1.08"... keep your pita bread and learn to retain your customers. There's no room in ditmas park for the shop keepers not to respect their customers. Service is a huge part of dining out, and mimis, unfortunately, you've failed!
One of my favorites
By teeteringwreck on 6/9/2010
Mimi's is great, I've been there at least 10 times and have never had anything I didn't like. Always excellent service and shockingly inexpensive for the quality and portions. It is a small place and they could use better air conditioning, but I love it. Save room for the chocolate balls for dessert.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu