All Reader Reviews of...
547 Lenox Ave., New York, NY, 10030
nr. 138th St.
By slimbrwnchic on 9/27/2010
the worst service i have ever had. on 9/25 i went in there i waited atleast 20 minutes for the drinks 45 minutes to 1hr for my food....finally the food comes and its wrong ..instead of yams i get stuffing..i tell the waitress my order is wrong he assures me that he will bring it out only to come back to me and say "we are out of yams there making them now"..THEN because of the mix up we get dessert for free..i ask for the chocolate cake..and once again they do not have it so im settling for something else. i had to fight myself to leave it tip. Horrible service and the food was very amateur..the bbq chicken looked as if bbq was just thrown on it..and the bbq thats used is nasty..this was the FIRST and LAST time i will ever visit this restaurant.
This place is AMAZING! Best food in Harlem. Period.
By missmm on 7/25/2010
As a North Carolinian who is transplanted to Harlem, I can speak with some authority on the topic of Soul Food, and this place is delicious. The sweet potatoes and mac and cheese are out of this world. The cornbread is fantastic, and the ribs fall off the bone and melt in your mouth. The servers are friendly, and the banana pudding is good too. Also, the prices are fair for what you're getting, unlike lots of "famous" restaurants up here.
By goldheart2 on 4/18/2010
My book club luncheon group wanted to use Miss Maude's Spoonbread Too Restaurant for our monthly luncheon which takes place on a Saturday afternoon, but after several meetings at the restaurant, we have decided to take our business somewhere else! The service is horrible, even when it is not crowded you find yours self waiting 40 minutes or more, just to place your order. There are telephone orders coming in and people walking in for take out orders. The waitress never has the time to come over to take the order of seated customers. Even after placing your order you can find yourself waiting an additional hour before it arrives!! They need to hire additional help on the weekends!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More