All Reader Reviews of...
207 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
at 13th St.
Never mind the haters ...
By JoJoJo on 1/31/2010
Cons: can get loud; there's only back-less seating that some people might find uncomfortable; no reservations and sometimes long waits, particularly for groups ... Pros: consistently delicious, inventive food served by a polished + knowledgable staff, pristine raw bar, great cocktails, well-chosen wine and beer list, never had anything like a bad meal here no matter what I've ordered and some dishes are among the best I've ever eaten: pork sausage and rice cakes - mushroom salad - brussel sprouts - duck - skate - crab claws - hamachi collar ...
A good place for europeans
By Canadick on 8/3/2011
I have been reading through some of the bad reviews and I really can't believe some of the comments. We went on a Sunday evening around 8:30 and we sat in the bar and we did not have to wait at all, we got great service and the food was great. Nice flavours and I don't think it was all that pricy. We paid 100 $ for a very nice appetizer salad, main dishes and a full bottle of wine. I liked the design of the place as well and the music was good too. Maybe not a place for my parents due to the noise. There was just one mistake from the kitchen and it was giving it out one main dish too quickly but that got solved nicely.
By connect on 5/16/2008
My girlfriend and I ordered the prix fixe tasting menu at Ssam Bar and I've never had so much delicious food! The staff was really nice and explained everything as it was put in front of us. They also checked on us constantly to make sure we were all content. The only problem was that the portions for each course were fairly large so by the time we got to the pork shoulder main course we were stuffed! I really enjoyed my meal and would go back in a second.
As Good as the reviews
By will_martin_24 on 1/28/2009
The creativity at SsÃ¤m bar pays off. I've never had anything that I did not find exceptional. I recommend the Brussels sprouts.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus