All Reader Reviews of...
207 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
at 13th St.
communal table with bad service
By jonB on 6/6/2010
hit and miss on menu... not consistent quality food. definitely overpriced for what gets served, its like tapas for price of full meals. Was forced to sit at communal table and when complained was told i would have wait an extra 30 minutes after having waited 40!! dont waste your time , so many other better options in NYC
By scottpsolomon on 7/18/2010
I ate here once and would absolutely never go back. The "signature dish" of uni with whipped tofu and bubble tea bubbles is one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten. Every wine by the glass completely sucked, and the place is crowded and noisy. To think people actually wait in line to get into this place and that it gets fawned over on foodie blogs is bizarre "food culture" phenomenon if there ever was one.
I don't get it.
By lambchops on 9/2/2010
So the pork belly buns are delicious. Great. Otherwise, the menu is literally all or nothing here. The sirloin in broth had absolutely no flavor and the pork sausage with rice cakes was doused in an excessive amount of greasy hot sauce. Others have written about prices being too high and I would agree -- although I don't mind paying for good food, even if portions are small. But good food this is not.
A good place for europeans
By Canadick on 8/3/2011
I have been reading through some of the bad reviews and I really can't believe some of the comments. We went on a Sunday evening around 8:30 and we sat in the bar and we did not have to wait at all, we got great service and the food was great. Nice flavours and I don't think it was all that pricy. We paid 100 $ for a very nice appetizer salad, main dishes and a full bottle of wine. I liked the design of the place as well and the music was good too. Maybe not a place for my parents due to the noise. There was just one mistake from the kitchen and it was giving it out one main dish too quickly but that got solved nicely.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More