All Reader Reviews of...
171 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 11th St.
Currently Drooling for Japanese Noodles!
By larkitten on 1/2/2005
I've been to Momofuku once, and it was an awesome experience--I can still taste the noodles! The atmosphere is casual (bar setting), not loud, pleasant... I found it relaxing. The food is divine! The broth is thick and incredibly tasty--it still makes my mouth water! The noodles were just as delicious, the bowls were HUGE (you get a lot of food for your money), the presentation is great, and they had a decent selection of beer and sake. The service was quick and our waitress we had was extremely friendly. It's a nice, casual place for a meeting with friends, co-workers or a date, were you can actually hear yourself talk, eat great and not spend a fortune. For what this restaurant is supposed to be, I give it a 10.
Food is terrible
By sale on 11/8/2004
I find the soup base too salty and had a funny after taste and the noodles had strong flour tase. I went there b/c it had good review from Daily news but I was very disappointed- I was so sorry I dragged my 4 friends to this place. they actually wanted to eat Italian and I said- no try this place. i felt so bad that I ended up picking up the bill. the place had poor uncomfortable sitting and the ramen really sucked.
good but not great
By leonardcc on 10/1/2004
Great carbo load, and the flavoring is superb
New favorite restaurant
By goodeatin on 9/27/2004
Affordable, delicious food with a fun young crowd. Best of all, Saki bombs! Nothing wrong with that. A great place to start out the night or for a quick bite. I highly recommend Momofuku. Just don't anger the cook, he's huge!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic