All Reader Reviews of...
210 Elizabeth St., New York, NY, 10012
By PatrickDeleger on 4/24/2007
The Monday Room is like a paradise, quiet, relax and gorgeous. If you are a wine aficionado, this place will make you feel like you are in heaven. Multiple choices, only wine, from an extensive selecction of wines by the glass, I bet were more than sixty! The service is quite impressive make you feel like you have a personal sommelier that will bring you unique and delicious wines. The food was also extraordinary, we had few plates, perfect with our wines, very tasty, delicate and delicious! Also a remarcable selecctions of cheeses. We will be back!
A haven in Nolita
By kathandace on 4/24/2007
I love this room because it is exactly what it so hard to find on a Saturday night: a serene, lovely place to hang out and have a great glass (or three) of wine without the crowd or the loud. A truly top-notch wine list of really unusual grapes, labels and regions. Over the weekend I had pink sea trout with a heavenly white from Madiran, foie gras with a 17 year old Vouvray, and venison carpaccio with an elegant Bandol. (I only remember the wines because the sommelier was nice enough to write them down for me.) With tables but no bar, it's hard to just walk in and get a seat (we always call ahead for a reservation), but no one will bump into you and you won't have to scream to be heard. Who can say that on a Saturday night??
By markusg on 4/21/2007
Me and my wife had an awesome experience. We enjoyed great wine from a vast list by the glass, very refined and relax service; the food was magnificent. What a room!
By Jardin on 4/21/2007
This is a paradise for the wine aficionados. Extraordinary and professional service, delicate food, and lovely atmosphere. A must try. But please, do not tell to anyone is tiny...
By jenny05 on 2/2/2007
Love public, so decided to try the monday room last night.The ambiance was chill and relaxing, the service was perfect and the food delicious. My boyfriend and i tried several different wines, some by the glass and we were also able to drink wines by the half glass as well which was a nice experience. We weren't too hungry so we only ate a few dishes, but they were very good (glazed eel, venison carpaccio and the cheese plate). Overall a very nice experience and looking forward to trying more of the food.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu