- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
158 Eighth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 18th St.
Check Out Chelsea Neighborhood Gem Montmartre
By sprungonfood on 2/13/2014
I went to Montmartre in Chelsea for cocktails. This French restaurant and bar is small, yet cozy with a very inviting vibe. The bar seating is limited, so if you're wanting dinner, I would recommend sitting in the dining room. But, the bar is great for drinks and snacks, which is exactly what I did. I ordered the Buzz, Billie Holiday, Buzz, blanco tequila, Drambuie, lime juice and honey syrup. You can read the rest of my review with photos here: sprungonfood.com/2013/11/25/montmartre
Montmartre is great!
By ellenost on 5/17/2013
Loved my dinner tonight at Montmartre! Food is delicious. Loved the cassava chips with eggplant caponata and cashew dip; wax bean salad with poached egg, peanuts and tahini soy vinaigrette; hamachi with marinated apples, chili and kaffir; cauliflower "chermoula"; and for those with a big appetite: the pork chop with beans, bacon and honey cider jus. Didn't have room for dessert. Service is very friendly and attentive. Noise level is fairly loud. Definitely plan to return to try the rest of the menu.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl