All Reader Reviews of...
211 Waverly Pl., New York, NY, 10014
at Charles St.
By billybob1001 on 4/26/2007
food was great svc excellent just a bunch of wall street boobs talking about doing odd lots on electronic brokering was very annoying especially the rep.....n
Morandi - In line with expectations
By TheelsDS on 4/25/2007
Morandi is exactly the type of restaurant you would expect McNally to create if he were to venture out of the French bistro and into the Italian trattoria. That being said, I think the food here is at least a full notch below the quality of his other restaurants (at least Pastis and Balthazar Â– I havenÂ’t yet been to Schiller's), however this is difficult to say definitively, given our limited dinner order. But Morandi really isnÂ’t about the food experience Â– itÂ’s about the celebrity experience, truly a place to see and be seen. At least in its early months, it has more of a club-like ambience, cloaked in restaurant garb. Our mediocre food was intensely spiced-up by two celebrity sightings; Cindy Crawford and Uma Thurman both sat within earshot of our table. And Keith McNally himself was also roaming the restaurant and made a lengthy stop at UmaÂ’s table directly behind usÂ…this confirmed to me the essence of Morandi Â– you may not eat like gods, but at least you will dine among them.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More