All Reader Reviews of...
319 Graham Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. Devoe St.
By domenicohilt on 5/26/2009
cool place but not the best pizza in town.
By splatooey on 3/29/2009
Had the soppressata, the anchovies and the margherita DOC. The achovies and olives and capers pizza was salty but delicious, the soppressata was impressively ungreasy and the DOC was sweet. the crust was very puffy and chewy and charred in the right places. very fun to look at the oven and the people making pizza
By r3a35mm on 3/17/2009
I traveled to Brooklyn from Jersey City to check out this place after reading the NYMAG.com story about Mario Batalli sampling pizza in New York. The pizza here was excellent. On a Saturday afternoon, the place was not full at all. Service was friendly, and the artichoke pizza tasted great. The dough expands around the edges and there are perfect little burnt crispy spots from being in the wood-fired oven the right amount of time. It's a real wood-burning oven. I wish there was some way they could siphon some of that great homey smell from burning wood into the restaurant because as it is, the place didn't have any aroma at all. I think a good restaurant should exude some type of aroma of amazing food when you enter. Obviously you don't want to go into a place that's filled with smoke, though ... You get the idea, right? The decor was bland, but the large wood plank floors give the place a "slight" rustic edge with room for improvement. The trip to the restaurant is easy. Just take the L train to the Graham Ave subway stop.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods