All Reader Reviews of...
307 E. 9th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Second Ave.
Super Cozy Cafe, Great Coffee
By Judgement_Face on 1/4/2010
Tiny cafe with amazingly kind staff and relaxed, almost west coast type vibe. Loved my cup of coffee and the brunch menu.
By hautepanda on 3/11/2007
Came here for brunch with a party of 6 that expanded to a party of 9 while we were sitting - the servers, though busy, were incredibly nice and understanding about this, and we all got our food promptly. As homey and granola as, say, Kate's Kitchen in San Francisco - but with a beautiful back garden, even mellower and nicer staff, and coffee as good as Seattle. (Which you pay for with New York prices.) Places like this are why I live in New York.
i love the Mudspot
By ctrn07 on 12/26/2006
Cozy, just like a European hippy inn in the middle of East Village with a beautiful outdoor garden. I'm addicted to the corn chowder. The best coffee around. Not typical or average.
stressed out waitstaff who take it out on you
By sleeveofwizard on 12/19/2006
I had read good reviews of Mudspot and took a few friends there for brunch a couple of weeks ago. We were initially greeted by a friendly hostess who seated us after a short wait. They were kind enough to take my number, allow us to roam around the neighborhood, and call my cell phone to have us return. That marked the end of good service, however. The waitstaff seemed extremely stressed and distracted. She made several errors with our orders and then claimed that it was our fault for giving her incorrect information. THe other waitstaff seemed equally harried and irritable. Our water glasses remained neglected and empty for the majority of our brunch. The food quality was below average. The place had a very negative atmosphere overall, and the members of our group unanimously agreed that we would never return to the place.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s