All Reader Reviews of...
179 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10003
at 17th St.
What Applebees aspires to be. Meant in a good way.
By elizabeth277 on 1/19/2008
I found this place trying to escape the Union Square dining melee on a Friday night. The atmosphere is unpretentious, cozy, dim. The menu is comfort food but it's by no means boring. a large piece of blackened catfish was cooked perfectly and served over a bed of tomato risotto. the portion was large, like you'd expect at a chain restaurant or a bar, but the food was lighter, presented nicely, and had better flavored than anything you'd find at a place like that. my friend got the meatloaf served with steamed veggies and loved it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member