All Reader Reviews of...
179 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10003
at 17th St.
What Applebees aspires to be. Meant in a good way.
By elizabeth277 on 1/19/2008
I found this place trying to escape the Union Square dining melee on a Friday night. The atmosphere is unpretentious, cozy, dim. The menu is comfort food but it's by no means boring. a large piece of blackened catfish was cooked perfectly and served over a bed of tomato risotto. the portion was large, like you'd expect at a chain restaurant or a bar, but the food was lighter, presented nicely, and had better flavored than anything you'd find at a place like that. my friend got the meatloaf served with steamed veggies and loved it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White
- Girl Finds Razor Blade in Her Soda at Wendy’s