All Reader Reviews of...
696 Madison Ave., New York, NY, 10021
nr. 62nd St.
By matchman on 6/5/2007
It is 4:30 on a hot Saturday afternoon and the street side tables at Nello's look inviting and a terrific place for a glass of Prosecco. The Prosecco was average but nicely chilled and the waiter suggested a plate of nibbles. We were dining later so he suggested something light, a few slices of prosciuto and some cheese. It was of reasonable quality and the bread basket was good. The bill was outrageous...a few slices of prosciuto, 2 ounce-sized portions of parmegian and a couple of small balls of mozzarello was $68.00...the $25.00 per glass charge for prosecco and $14.00 for a mid-sized bottle of flat water seemed a bargain in comparison. We had a full meal at Union Square Cafe later that evening for almost the same price. The place is a rip-off.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu