All Reader Reviews of...
233-235 Front St., New York, NY, 10038
at Peck Slip
It's all good mate!... The food & drink.
By fearless on 3/5/2008
I wandered into Nelson Blue after seeing the bodies exhibit nearby at the southstreet seaport. The ambiance was sleek with beautiful native wood carvings from a New Zealand artist. Our (Aussie)waitress was amazing and patiently helped us choose a wine from their many options. They even let us taste it first. I tried the mussels as they're flown in fresh from NZ, and fresh they were as was my wild salmon dinner. My friend had the chicken pot pie, and sampled a few of the skewers and I went for the Shiitake & Asparagus Sautee. Amazing! I'll be back to sample the rest of the menu and I'll be looking forward to more of Mr. Morgans amazing hospitality--New Zealand style.
Worth a visit to New Zealand
By Cheechmo on 8/16/2007
We had a great experience at Nelson Blue. The food was really good for the price. They give large portions. I had the mussel appetizer and the squid. I tried the meatloaf sandwich and was delicious. They even have Toohey beer! Definitely a good place for a quick bite after work.
Kiwi spirit at the Seaport
By dmaupai on 8/8/2007
I had been waiting for a night to test out Nelson Blue since first passing by the lively corner spot a few weeks back - the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming yet effortlessly hip and dynamic. The staff are fun and accommodating; the cocktails yummy and full of Kiwi-kick (the Kiwi Panty Dropper is a winner), and the food packs taste and substance beyond its humble pricing. Try the skewer varieties or zucchini & corn fritters as sides: each sauce is finger-licking delicious and the serving size is great for sampling among a small group. It's nearly enough to imagine you're near a blue coast far more exotic than the Seaport harbour...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations