All Reader Reviews of...
1 Margaret Corbin Dr., New York, NY, 10040
nr. Arden St.
Reopened under New Management!
By jess.seminelli on 6/25/2015
This is an outdated review! Please be advised that New Leaf Restaurant is in fact re-opened under exciting, new management. There have been renovations and upgrades made to this iconic restaurant. Definitely worth a visit!
By sometomato on 7/7/2013
Setting: A ++ Food and service: adequate. On a beautiful day, or even a very hot rainless day, New Leaf is an oasis. My party of eight was indifferent to the rather dull but competently prepared menu, and no one complained that the Champagne cocktails were served room temperature. We were so blissed out on the leafy patio, deliciously cool even on a densely humid day with highs in the low 90s. No one seemed to mind that the staff kind of forgot about us... they were extremely gracious once we reminded them we were waiting to place our order! I would certainly go back for a romantic dinner or another family celebration; there's no other getaway dining quite like this in Manhattan.
do yourself a favor - try it again
By northern on 2/7/2008
We live nearby and have eaten here occasionally. Mostly for setting -- the patio is incomparably beautiful, nestled among old trees on a promontory. The restaurant building is a lovely old slate-roofed stone house. Unfortunately the food didn't quite live up to the scene and the staff was too easily overwhelmed. But we returned for dinner last week and got a huge surprise -- the quality of the food has gone up several notches. Surprised, we asked the bartender what the deal was, and he said there was a new chef since our last visit. We were blown away by the change. We will be back!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu