All Reader Reviews of...
148 Centre St., New York, NY, 10013
at Walker St.
By emk4630 on 12/20/2011
Whenever I'm in Chinatown or near the courthouses I always go here. The food is amazing! I suggest the beef sautÃ© soup and the 10 ingredient fried rice.
One of the best cheap eateries in the city
By phillamb168 on 2/17/2009
I don't care what some tourist says about the place - I LOVE it here. My wife and I went here a lot when we were dating, but still go because it never gets old. The food is definitely better if it's spring or summer, mostly because the best dishes are on the lighter side. We almost always go for the Bo Bunh (BBQ Beef) with rice vermicelli. The asparagus soup is also good, as are the summer rolls. The pho is also good and VERY cheap for what you get - a huge bowl filled with an assortment of veggies, etc. What you have to realize about this place is that it's not Per Se. You don't go for the dÃ©cor and you certainly don't go expecting the floors to be immaculately clean Italian granite. You go because it's faster and cheaper, but more importantly, healthier, and of a better quality, than anything else for the price.
By sbrenner85 on 10/27/2008
I should have know by the greasy floors. Slipping and sliding to your table is not the way to start. Service was prompt but the squid was undercooked and the fish was overcooked to the point where it could not be cut with a knife. Tried to send the fish back but wait staff was afraid to tell the kitchen. Asked the manager to remove the charge from my bill and he said he would make me a deal and only charge me half price -- $14. My taxidermist can prepare a better fish than this place. Stay away -- far away.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu