- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
136 N. Main St., East Hampton, NY, 11937
nr. Cedar St.
By NancyDogdoo on 10/9/2012
Service is unacceptable. As a regular I have seen this restaurant go downhill due to poor staffing choices - there is better food and service in the neighborhood.
By musicandfood on 3/26/2011
Over-rated, overpriced, completely unexceptional. Why is this a critic's pick? Pretentiousness doesn't equal quality. If you want to see famous people, then sure give this five stars. But in reality there is nothing incredible or original about the food her. For a much better (and cheaper) meal try Estia's Little Kitchen, Citta Nuova, Bostwicks, and Harbor Bistro. All of which happen to be completely unrecognized by NY Mag. And since Long Island is irrelevant in general and this publication has a total of 25 restaurants for an area that is more highly populated than most of upstate NY, try going to La Piccola Liguria in Port Washington. It has better food than almost any other "fancy" restaurant in Manhattan. Or West End Cafe in Carle Place which has better food, fresher ingredients, more superior cocktails, and a more hip atmosphere than the "trendiest" places in the city.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More