All Reader Reviews of...
130 W. 46th St., New York, NY, 10036
nr. Sixth Ave.
A Rare Gem in the Theater District
By Meglion on 12/23/2011
I found this restaurant thanks to NYmag.com, and I am truly grateful. It's adjacent to the Muse hotel, and walking into the bar area feels a bit like being in a trendy car commercial - the room is low-lit and beautiful in a modern way. From the moment we arrived, we were treated with kind attentiveness, which I find unusual for NYC restaurants, around times square in particular. And the food was outstanding, from the bread basket that two of us polished off entirely (with softened, salted butter), to our drinks, appetizers, main courses, and desserts. It's a prix fixe menu for $45 per person (higher than the menu here states), and again, for the theater district, it's a great deal. If the dishes are still available, I highly recommend the smoked duck appetizer, the romaine hearts salad with creamy garlic dressing, and the scampi risotto. Oh, and they make a pretty mean sidecar.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu