All Reader Reviews of...
7 Greene Ave. , Brooklyn, NY, 11238
at Fulton St.
Great for Drinks!
By weisske on 7/19/2011
I recently met up with friends here for the first time. The wine was excellent and well-priced. I dig the stylish, clean vibe. The waiter and the bartender were so friendly and gave us just the right about of attention. I would definitely come back here for dinner.
By choosy on 12/28/2010
No. 7 was a truly disappointing experience. Over-priced and overr-salted.. It's one redeeming quality is the atmosphere at the bar, but even that is overshadowed by the paltry cocktails.
By sadie123 on 12/18/2010
Limited menu and over-salted tasteless food. Steer clear.
By Abbey on 7/5/2009
This place is such a nice find (if you can find the door!). Low key and all about the food. The ceviche special was amazing. But please don't miss the fried soft boil egg - it is too hard to describe - but fantastic! Service was nice, and a good beer selection - we'll be back!
By echidna on 7/4/2009
Where to take your foodie Dad who's coming from out of town? No. 7 was a winner. The menu is great for two reasons: 1. everything we ordered was delicious (mozzarella and blackberries, poached cod, salmon, passion-almond cake), and 2. there are only 5 appetizers and 5 entrees plus a special or two. The chef here is one creative dude -- every single menu item seemed like an unusual combination of ingredients (cockles? spicy pumpkin seeds?), but the end result was total deliciousness. Even the bread was served with pickled cucumbers and an interesting white sauce. The service was pleasant and the ambience would make it a great romantic date as well, although the dress code is non-existent. Add a great wine list, and yay, No.7 was a roll of the dice I'm glad I made. Recommended.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s